Providing Support, Opportunities, Advocacy, and Resources for families with disabled children (birth – age 21) throughout Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire who are:
- Seeking assistance with Early Intervention services (birth-age 3) or transitioning from Early Intervention into a preschool special education program.
- Seeking an initial Individualized Educational Program (IEP) or 504 program.
- Looking to improve an existing educational program.
- Trying to obtain appropriate educational services, programs, accommodations, or modifications to meet the unique needs of their child (including transition services and out-of-district placement).
- Looking for support to collaboratively resolve a disagreement regarding services, programs, accommodations or modifications.
Providing assistance with:
- Organization of documents
- Review of evaluations and reports completed by specialists and school personnel
- Analysis of a student’s current or proposed educational program
- Consultation with independent evaluators and/or attorneys
- Collaboration with family, school, and community providers
- Review of Special Education rights, procedures, timelines, resources, and available programs
- Obtaining appropriate services, programs , and accommodations/modifications to meet the student’s individual needs.
- Placement and transition options
- Advocacy and support for meetings and mediation
- Application of strategies to refocus the TEAM’s attention to the needs of the child
- Follow-up to insure program compliance
- Generation of documents and correspondence to be shared with school TEAM and/or specialists